Monday night, EP Henry invited the Philadlephia Social Media Moms and their guests to experience the 2010 Design Home in Gwynedd Valley at a swanky patio party, complete with signature martinis and fabulous finger foods.
For those who don’t know, the Design Home is an annual home building event organized to showcase the best of the best in Philadelphia. It is coordinated and run by Philadelphia Magazine; sponsors are listed on the website. The decor and furnishings, both inside and out, are on loan from local businesses, but of course everything is for sale. The house itself is currently on the market.
For the next few weeks, the Design Home is open to the public. Tickets are $20, and the really cool thing is, 100% of all proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House, a charitable organization that provides a home away from home for families of children with life-threatening illnesses receiving care at local Philadelphia hospitals.
EP Henry was responsible for the fabulous outdoor living space at the Design Home, where our party took place.
Photo credit: EP Henry
The inside of the house was as exquisite as the outside. Here are a few photos from fellow PSMM member Sarah at MainLineMoms.org.
I thought this self-portrait was so cute. We were all a bit in awe of this temperature controlled wine room, located right by the butler’s pantry on the main floor of the home.
My favorite, of course, the kitchen:
Diane Bishop of Diane Bishop Interiors is responsible for the gorgeous decor throughout the house. She shared with us a little about her vision and how they designed the home around a specific family profile. Her enthusiasm was contagious, and I enjoyed chatting with her about some of the features of the home.
For a whole slew of pictures, feel free to visit our PSMM Flickr group.
Here are a few upcoming events at the Design Home that you may be interested in:
1. The Design-a-Palooza on Saturday, September 25, from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM at the Design Home (no RSVP or special tickets required) for an opportunity to speak with EP Henry designers and have your “before” photos transformed by professional designers to create a realistic “after” image using their state-of-the-art PRO Landscape Software.
Each PSMM member was invited to submit their own backyard pictures for this service, and we all received our Before and After Possibilities at the party. Here’s mine:
Pretty cool, huh?
2. Green Day on Oct 2 is an opportunity to increase your stormwater IQ and get tax credits in return with an easy-to-follow demonstration on permeable guidelines and township standards.
3. Finally, there is a 5% discount for 5 Saturdays (September 11, September 18, September 25, October 2 and October 9) with EP Henry matching 5% as donation to Ronald McDonald House.
The Design Home is open to the public until October 10. Hours are Thursdays from 12-8, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 11-4. It is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. There is no parking at the site. Complimentary parking and shuttle service is offered at 1201 Sumneytown Pike in Spring House, PA.
Have you ever toured one of the Design Homes? This was truly a fabulous experience. Thanks, EP Henry, for planning such a memorable event!
Disclosure: EP Henry invited all PSMM members to a patio party the Design Home in exchange for sharing about the experience on our blogs.
Latest posts by Jo-Lynne Shane (see all)
- Holiday Gift Guide Roundup - November 7, 2014
- Evita Now Showing at The Academy of Music - June 19, 2014
- Kimmel Broadway Philadelphia’s The Wizard Of Oz #BWYPHL - June 9, 2014